Don’t overly restrict your speech and action because you don’t know what you can do politically!
Use these resources in your church or consider sending them to your pastor or priest adding a personal note of encouragement to not keep silent on the divisive issues facing our culture.
- Alliance Defense Fund’s Pastor Guideline Letter
- ACLJ information for 501(c)(3) incorporated churches
- Liberty Counsel and First Liberty have a number of very useful resources for churches and pastors to assist you in informing your church family about today’s issues. Use these resources to learn about what you can and can’t do politically.
- Political and Legislative Guide Chart For Pastors and Churches
- What May Pastors and Churches Do? By Matthew D. Staver
- Pastors and Patriots Action Pack
- Churches and Elections – What is the Law?
- Know Your Religious Rights Kit
- Religious Liberty Protection Kit
- Church & Government: Know Your Rights
- Pastors & Politics
- Read a letter from the IRS list activities that are and are not permissible for 501(c)(3) incorporation churches.
- Read WallBuilders corrections to an intimidation letter from the Americans United for Separation of Church and State sent to pastors and churches in 2006 attempting to intimidating Christians and churches from being involved. A Christian Voter Intimidation Letter From Americans United for Separation of Church and State.
Christian Legal Organizations
Constitutional and Religious Freedom Issues
- Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF)
- American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ)
- First Liberty Institute
- Liberty Counsel
- The National Legal Foundation (NLF)
- Pacific Justice Institute (PJI)
- Thomas More Law Center
Church Personnel and Policy Issues